|Operator:||Egypt||Israel||Kuwait||Saudi Arabia||United Arab Emirates|
|Status:||In Service||In Service||In Service||In Service||In Service|
|Cost:||Part of $518 million (1995)||$500 million (2005)||Part of $2.1 billion deal||$598 million for 12 (2008)||Part of $1.5 billion deal (2006)|
|$400 million upgrade (2000)|
|Acquired:||1995 – Original AH-64A||2005 – Initial 17||2007||1993 – AH-64A delivered||2008-2009 – upgrading of 30 AH-64A|
|2003 – Upgrade/Rebuild to AH-64D Block II||2012 – 3 x AH-64A upgraded||2011 – Order of AH-64D delivered||Possibly upgrading to AH-64E|
|Country of origin:||United States|
|Developed by: Hughes Helicopters|
|Power plant:||2 x T700-GE-701C|
|Thrust:||1,536 hp each|
|Rotor diameter:||48 ft (14.6 m)|
|Width (total):||48 ft (14.6 m)|
|Length (total):||58.2 ft (17.8 m)|
|Height (total):||13.3 ft (4.1 m)|
|Weight (empty):||11,800 lb (5,352 kg)|
|Maximum takeoff weight:||21,000 lb (9,525 kg)|
|Speed:||171.5 mph (276 kph)|
|Ceiling :||21,000 ft (6,400 m)|
|Hover Ceiling:||14,650 ft (4,465 m)|
|Range:||w/ internal fuel: 249 miles (400 km)|
|w/ external tanks: 1,180. 6 miles (1,900 km)|
|Armament:||6 hardpoints include wingtips for air-to-air missiles|
|Guns:||1 x M230 30mm cannon by Alliant Techsystems (1,200 rounds)|
|Air-to-air:||AIM-9 Sidewinder (max. 2)|
|FIM-92 Stinger (max. 4)|
|Air-to-ground:||AGM-114 Hellfire missile (max. 16)|
|AGM-122 Sidearm anti-radiation missile|
|70mm (2.75 in) Hydra-70 rockets (max. 76)|
|Radar/Sensors:||AN/ASQ-170 Moderized targeting acquistion and designation systems (TADS)|
|AN/AAQ-11 Pilot night vision sensors (PNVS)|
|AN/APG-78 Longbow fire control radar (FCR) – Not sold to Egypt|
|Countermeasures/Defenses:||AN/ALQ-144(V)3 Infrared jammers|
|AN/APR-39B(V)2 Radar signal detecting sets|
- “AH-64D Apache.” Boeing Defense, Space & Security. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
- “AH-64 Apache Attack Helicopter.” Boeing Defense, Space & Security. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
- “AH-64 Apache.” Federation of American Scientists. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
- “AH-64A/D Apache Attack Helicopter, United States of America.” Army-Technology.com. Kable, n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
- “Longbow FCR.” Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman. N.p., 2010. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
- “Egypt to Upgrade 35 Apaches to AH-64D Configuration – Sep 25, 2000.” Boeing Defense, Space & Security. N.p., 25 Sept. 2000. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
- Egozi, Arie. “Israel Resumes Apache Upgrade Programme.” Flight Global. N.p., 2 Feb. 2012. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
- Egozi, Arie. “Israel Ditches Apache Upgrade Plan, Commits to CH-53K.” Flight Global. N.p., 30 June 2010. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
- “Egypt – AH-64D APACHE Longbow Helicopters.” Defense Security Cooperation Agency. N.p., 26 May 2009. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
- “US OKs Sale of Boeing Helicopters to Saudi Arabia.” Reuters. Thomson Reuters, 07 Sept. 0009. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
- “The 2006 Saudi Shopping Spree: $400M to Upgrade AH-64A Apache Helicopters.”Defense Industry Daily. N.p., 1 Aug. 2006. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
- “UAE’s 30-Helicopter Apache Upgrade Program Underway.” Defense Industry Daily. N.p., 4 Aug. 2011. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
- “Trade Registers.” Stockholm International Peace Research Institute. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
- “Kuwait – Military Balance Files.” Institute for National Security Studies. N.p., 11 Sept. 2012. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
- “United Arab Emirates – AH-64D Block III APACHE Helicopters.” Defense Security Cooperation Agency. N.p., 4 Nov. 2010. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
Lockheed Martin Awarded $332 Million to Provide Apache Targeting Sensor Technical Services to Egypt, UAE, Others
Lockheed Martin, Orlando, Florida, was awarded a $332,136,017 firm-fixed-price foreign military sales (United Kingdom, Egypt, India, Korea, Republic of Indonesia, Taiwan, Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and Poland) contract for Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensor System, subcomponent production, and technical services for the Apache attack helicopter. One bid was solicited and […]
Inter Coastal Electronics Inc.,* Mesa, Arizona, was awarded a $9,798,027 firm-fixed-price, foreign military sales (United Arab Emirates) contract to procure Longbow Apache Tactical Engagement Simulation System hardware, spares, new equipment training, contractor logistics support and repair/return. Bids were solicited via the Internet with one received. Work will be performed in Mesa, Arizona, and United Arab […]
The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Kuwait for sustainment and contractor logistics support for AH-64D Apache Helicopters. The estimated cost is $400 million. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency delivered the required certification notifying Congress of this possible sale today. The Government of Kuwait has requested the […]
The Boeing Co., Mesa, Arizona, was awarded a $10,887,958 firm-fixed-price, foreign military sales contract (Kuwait) with options for post-production service support and performance base logistics for the Kuwait Air Force 64D Apache helicopters. Bids were solicited via the Internet with one received. Work will be performed in Kuwait, with an estimated completion date of Dec. […]
Lockheed Martin Awarded $12 Million to Provide Hellfire Missile Launchers to Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Others
Lockheed Martin Corp., Orlando, Florida, was awarded a $12,282,400 modification (P00031) to foreign military sales (Saudi Arabia, Italy, Pakistan, Netherlands, and Jordan) contract W31P4Q-15-C-0043 to exercise option two for 100 Hellfire M299 launchers. Work will be performed in Orlando, Florida, with an estimated completion date of May 31, 2019. Multiple fiscal year other funds in […]
The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to Egypt for Common Missile Warning System (CMWS) for AH-64E Apache, UH-60 Blackhawks, and CH-47 Chinook Helicopters and related equipment, training, and support. The estimated cost is $81.4 million. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency delivered the required certification notifying Congress of this […]
Lockheed Martin, Orlando, Florida, was awarded a $10,357,916 firm-fixed-price, multi-year, foreign military sales (Kuwait) contract with options for Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight (M-TADS) postproduction support to the Kuwait Air Force AH-64D Apache attack helicopter program. One bid was solicited with one received. Funding and work location will be determined with each order. Army Contracting […]
Lockheed Martin Awarded $318 Million to Provide Hellfire Missiles to the U.S. Military, Egypt, Iraq, Others
Lockheed Martin Corp., Orlando, Florida, was awarded a $318,339,617 modification (P00001) to foreign military sales (partial) contract W31P4Q-15-C-0151 for Hellfire II missile hardware/component production requirements for the Army, Air Force, and foreign military sales customers Korea, Egypt, Pakistan, Iraq, India, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, and Indonesia. Work will be performed in Orlando and Ocala, Florida; and […]
Longbow Ltd., Orlando, Florida, was awarded a $9,376,567 fixed-price incentive foreign military sales contract for Saudi Arabia National Guard post-production service for fire control radars. One bid was solicited with one received. Work will be performed in Orlando, Florida, with an estimated completion date of Nov. 11, 2020. Fiscal 2015 other procurement funds in the […]
Boeing Co. is in talks with Egypt over several military products, including Apache attack helicopters, and support for existing ones. A new order could come by next year, Paul Oliver, vice president of International Business Development in the Middle East and Africa for Boeing Defense, Space & Security, told reporters Saturday in Dubai. Boeing also expects a deal with […]