|Status:||In Service||In Service|
|Country of origin:||United States|
|Manufacturer:||McDonnell Douglas (Now Boeing)|
|Range:||114.95 miles (185 km)|
|Warhead:||487.22 lbs (221 kg) WDU-18/B penetrating HE-Frag|
|Weight:||1144.2 lbs (519 kg)|
|Length:||12.63 ft (3.85 m)|
|Diameter:||13.50 inches (34.3 cm)|
|Wingspan:||35.43 inches (90 cm)|
|Propellant:||Teledyne/CAE J402-CA-400 turbojet|
|Guidance System:||Active radar homing to detect and track enemy vessels; inertial navigation used until missile reaches target area.|
|Accuracy:||Over 90% success rate|
|Launch Platform:||Fixed-wing aircraft|
- Trade Registers. Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, n.d. Web. 17 Dec. 2013.
- Kopp, Carlo. “McDonnell-Douglas AGM-84A Harpoon and AGM-84E SLAM.” Air Power Australia. N.p., Mar. 1988. Web. 17 Jan. 2014.
- Parsch, Andreas. “Boeing (McDonnell Douglas) AGM/RGM/UGM-84 Harpoon.”Designation-Systems.net. N.p., 8 July 2008. Web. 17 Jan. 2014.
- “Harpoon Missile.” The US Navy. N.p., 20 Feb. 2009. Web. 17 Jan. 2014.
- “Harpoon.” WeaponSystems.net. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Jan. 2014.
- “AGM-84 Harpoon.” F-16.net. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Jan. 2014.
Boeing Awarded $8.6 Million to Provide Harpoon Missile Engineering Services to the U.S. Navy, Turkey, Egypt, Others
The Boeing Co., St. Louis, Missouri, is being awarded $8,644,374 for firm-fixed-price delivery order 2067 against a previously issued Basic Ordering Agreement (N00019-11-G-0001) for follow-on integrated logistics support/engineering services for Harpoon /SLAM-ER Missile System and Harpoon Launch Systems for the U.S. Navy and various foreign military sales customers. Work will be performed in St. Charles, […]