U.S. and partner nation military forces continued to attack ISIS terrorists in Syria Dec. 26 using fighter, bomber, and remotely piloted aircraft to conduct sixteen airstrikes. Separately, U.S. and partner nation military forces conducted fifteen airstrikes in Iraq Dec. 26 using fighter, bomber, attack aircraft, and remotely piloted aircraft against the ISIS terrorists.
The following is a summary of those strikes:
* Near Kobani, thirteen airstrikes destroyed three ISIS buildings, two ISIS staging areas, an ISIS vehicle, and nineteen ISIS fighting positions and struck two large ISIS units and four ISIS tacticalS units.
* Near Al Hasakah, two airstrikes destroyed two ISIS vehicles and struck a drilling tower.
* Near Ar Raqqah, an airstrike struck an ISIS staging area.
* Near Al Asad, three airstrikes destroyed an ISIS mortar, an ISIS rocket system, four ISIS vehicles and struck a large ISIS unit and two ISIS tactical units.
* Near Sinjar, three airstrikes destroyed three ISIS vehicles and struck three ISIS tactical units.
* Near Mosul, three airstrikes destroyed three ISIS tactical vehicles, an ISIS fighting position, an ISIS commercial vehicle and struck two ISIS tactical units.
* Near Al Qaim, three airstrikes destroyed an ISIS fighting position, an ISIS storage container, ISIS equipment and struck two ISIS tactical vehicles.
* Near Baiji, an airstrike struck a large ISIS unit.
* Near Kirkuk, an airstrike struck an ISIS tactical unit.
* Near Tal Afar, an airstrike struck an ISIS vehicle.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIS terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, the region and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIS targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the terrorist group’s ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Iraq include the U.S., Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Netherlands and the United Kingdom. Coalition Nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the U.S., Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.