On Jan. 14, U.S. and Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIS terrorists in Syria, using attack, bomber, fighter, and remotely piloted aircraft to conduct 11 airstrikes. Separately, U.S. and Coalition military forces conducted 11 airstrikes in Iraq, using attack, fighter, and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIS terrorists. All strikes took place between 8 a.m., Jan. 14, and 8 a.m., Jan. 15, local time.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
* Near Kobani, five airstrikes struck an ISIS tactical unit and an ISIS building and destroyed four ISIS fighting positions.
* Near Ar Raqqah, three airstrikes struck an ISIS weapon storage facility and an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed five ISIS buildings and an ISIS vehicle.
* Near Al Hasakah, three airstrikes destroyed an ISIS checkpoint, an ISIS fighting position, and three ISIS vehicles.
* Near Bayji, two airstrikes struck two ISIS tactical units.
* Near Al Qaim, an airstrike destroyed an ISIS shipping container.
* Near Tal Afar, an airstrike struck an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed two ISIS buildings and an ISIS fighting position.
* Near Taji, an airstrike struck an ISIS tactical unit.
* Near Ar Rutbah, an airstrike struck an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed an ISIS vehicle.
* Near Al Asad, two airstrikes struck an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed an ISIS building and seven ISIS boats.
* Near Mosul, three airstrikes struck an ISIS building, an ISIS tactical unit, and an ISIS armored vehicle, and destroyed an ISIS mortar system, an ISIS armored vehicle, and an ISIS fighting position.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIS terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIS targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the terrorist group’s ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Iraq include the U.S., Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the U.S., Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.